Sunday, September 1, 2019

Week 1

I chose From Grimm to Disney as my first-year seminar because I really enjoy fairy tales. As a Dungeons & Dragons player, I am an avid enthusiast for everything fantasy-based or magical. I love fantasy movies and stories. I am also a huge Disney fan, especially of their older classic animations. There's something so special about classic hand-drawn animation that new animation just can't touch. Some of my favorites are Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Princess and the Frog, and Mulan. Learning about how some of these original stories came to be sounded really interesting to me. I like digging deep into the origin and creation of things I enjoy. I also plan to be a cinema major, so studying stories and how they develop and change from adaptations is right up my alley. I only hope I can learn to comprehend the difficult reading that may arise, as so far the reading seems slightly challenging for me. But by the end of this seminar I hope I can not only comprehend the reading but become an expert at it so I can explain and talk about it with others as like I said, it sounds very interesting. My favorite fairy tale is Beauty and the Beast as I really enjoy the Disney film. It is a masterpiece of animation and storytelling, with beautiful music as well. It is in my opinion, one of the best films ever made, and I think anyone who hasn't already seen it deserves to.


Beauty And The Beast Movie Trailer, Reviews and More | TV ...

No comments:

Post a Comment